IP Records/Formalities Team Member – Fixed-term contract of 12 months from March 2018 (Maternity Cover)
in: Abel & Imray’s Bath office
Salary: According to qualification and experience
This is a varied position, but your tasks will typically be to:
• Manage official correspondence from the UKIPO, EPO, European Union Intellectual Property Office and WIPO, as well as incoming correspondence from attorney firms around the world, and docket due dates in our IP case management system (Inprotech);
• Set up new cases relating to patents, registered designs and trade marks;
• Look after the firm’s reminder system for attorneys;
• Work on patent formalities, including preparation and filing of patent forms at UKIPO and EPO, validation of European patents, and recordals of assignments and name changes at IPO;
• Liaise with external providers about our clients’ patent, design and trade mark renewals.
You’ll be based in our Bath office in the heart of the City of Bath UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Who we’re looking for
As well as being someone who thrives as part of a team, you’ll be used to using your initiative, resourceful enough to work independently when needed, and excellent at prioritisation. Combined with strong problem solving and IT skills, your attention to detail will be first-class. In terms of academic background, we’re looking for at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A* to C, including English and maths, and higher qualifications such as A levels or equivalent, or even a degree may be an asset. Ideally you would have the CIPA Introductory Certificate in Patent Administration, but we are more interested in your experience and proven skills in the IP field.
More about us
Abel & Imray is a firm of patent and trade mark attorneys. Our clients range from established global corporations to UK-based start-ups, and our Bath office handles incoming patent and trade mark applications from clients around the world as well as instructing the filing of applications overseas for our UK clients.
Here in our Bath office, we have eighteen fee-earning legal professionals and twelve specialist support staff, including our six-person Records/Formalities team. We also have offices in London and Cardiff.
Everything we do centres around providing the highest service and professional standards to our clients. And our support team plays a vital role in doing that. We’re also committed to improving equality, diversity and inclusivity within our community, as members of IP Inclusive.
Please send your CV with covering email to Recruit7@abelimray.com